Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

It seems Charlie hurt his back right leg while in the

Customer Question

It seems Charlie hurt his back right leg while in the backyard I gave him 1/2 tablet of Carprofen 25mg until I can take him early tomorrow morning to the vet. Can I use a heating pad every 20 minutes in low?
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes, my husband check him and nothing was found.
JA: Have there been any changes in the dog's appearance or diet?
Customer: No he is on grain free dry food.
JA: Is there anything else you think the vet should know?
Customer: No, I took him to the vet two weeks ago and he got his allergy shoot
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 23 days ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Great thanks.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
We can continue with the chat

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Carprofen and then seeing your vet tomorrow sounds the best way to go. By the way the typical oral dose of Carprofen administered to dogs is 1 mg per pound of bodyweight every 12 hours orally or 2 mg per pound once daily.

2. Using a heating pad in low as you describe could also help make Charlie more comfortable in the meantime as long as it is comfortable low level heat. And of course this can do no harm.

3. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Charlie's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Thank you so much I will follow your advice.

No problem, very glad to be advising you ....

Regards,

Dr Scott

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 22 days ago.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Charlie is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his leg problem ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I took Charlie to the Vet this morning. He was x-ray and thank god nothing broken. it seems he landed on something hard and bruise his hip. He was given Tramadol and Carprofen. When I came back home this afternoon he has showed a big improvement.

Great news! I was wondering how Charlie was doing ...

Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 19 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?