Pearl Tjoa
Pearl Tjoa, Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian with over 6 years experience in Small Animal Emergency and General Practice
94504035

My 49 lb boxer just ate an angel food loaf. Will that make

Customer Question

My 49 lb boxer just ate an angel food loaf. Will that make her dick?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Make her sick?
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: Elsie. 8year old boxer
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Pearl Tjoa replied 22 days ago.

Angel food is composed mostly of sugar. It is not toxic, but can cause your pet to have some GI upset due to the sugar content. You may notice some vomiting or diarrhea if Elsie is affected by this, or she may not show any signs at all. Many human foods can lead to GI upset, pancreatitis, or can be toxic, so it is recommended that your pet has limited access to human foods in the future as much as possible. I recommended feeding Elsie as normal and allow access to plenty of water. Watch for signs of GI upset and have her treated symptomatically if needed. Hopefully she will not develop any signs!

Best,

Dr. Pearl

Expert:  Pearl Tjoa replied 19 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Pearl Tjoa