Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have a 5 yr old Pekingese. She got out and was chasing a

Customer Question

I have a 5 yr old Pekingese. She got out and was chasing a car. When she came back she was limping on the front leg and the back leg on the same side. And shaking alot and panting. I gave her a cool bath to stop her excessive panting thinking she was hot. Now she just limps and drools terrible. She does eat and drink water.
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: The left front foot was bleeding from the bottom but that has quit now.
JA: Have there been any changes in the dog's appearance or diet?
Customer: She was just fine when I let her out. Now she limps around with her tail dragging and chin and neck soaking wet from drool. Her diet is the same.
JA: Is there anything else you think the vet should know?
Customer: No I don't think so.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Marta Lepes replied 25 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I will do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now and I will post back to you ASAP.

I'm going to ask you some questions. These are important since I cannot see your dog. Please take the time to answer all of them.

What is her name?

How long ago did this happen (hours/days)?

Look at her mouth and lips. Any scrapes? other injuries like broken teeth?

Is she eating normally?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Her name is Kammy. This happened about 4 hrs. ago. No other injuries. Teeth fine. She eats normally.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I would like to know if you are going to answer my question without me paying this first time?

You said that Kammy's left front foot was bleeding. Was this from an abrasion of the pad?

Can she lift her tail at all?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I do not know why it was bleeding. It quit and I do not see an injury. No she does not lift her tail.

As a veterinary expert I do not set the prices. Nor do I know what kind of arrangement you made with JA. But I do believe that you have to pay for this consultation. That's only fair isn't it?

An abraded pad will cause limping. Also muscle strains from running.

The tail injury may get better in a day or so as long as there is no nerve damage.

Do you want me to continue or do you want to talk to Just Answer first?

There should be a link at the bottom of your page where you can reach them and ask you question about payment.