Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog has not eaten for 5 days and she's not able to get up

Customer Question

My dog has not eaten for 5 days and she's not able to get up and walk just getting weaker and weaker
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Britzl
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Britzl?
Customer: Before this happened she was limping on her right leg rear and then just before she got started stopped Heating she started walking pretty good whether it's a coincidence I don't know the thing is about a year ago I live in Florida and she had gotten ahold of a deco and she got sick I don't know if she got a hold of another one now I don't usually let her outside because she's an inside dog I heard that geckos have like a poison in them and if she did eat that maybe that's what she's sick from my mother but then I also heard liver problems
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How old is Britzi?

What breed?

When did she last have a full panel of blood work performed?

Any history of illness or injury?

On any meds?