Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She has a painful eye that was all red and gunky yesterday,

Customer Question

she has a painful eye that was all red and gunky yesterday, and today, whilst she is still not happy, the eye is looking white now and she will not let me touch it
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: ida and 6
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about ida?
Customer: no she is usually in perfect health
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 30 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you please attach a clear photo of the eye?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
No my phone camera is not working, she woke up on Sunday with one eye glued shut and will not let it be bathed, or anything near it, it is affecting her appetite and she is very clingy, she has woken up the last 2 mornings, still with gunky eyes and the white was red, today the eye is looking white

If she is not allowing you to touch it and the eye appears white, this sounds like a corneal ulcer and she needs to be examined by your vet. These can become bad enough where the eye can be permanently damaged, the dog lose vision or even lose the eye. I would plan to have it examined by a vet for this reason.

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 28 days ago.

Checking in. How is Ida?