Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog accidentally ate a 0.5 mg clonazepam. she is also on

Customer Question

Hi! My dog accidentally ate a 0.5 mg clonazepam. she is also on 64.8 mg phenobarbital twice daily for epilepsy. will that hurt her?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Dani
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Dani?
Customer: No, just the medications she's on. she's a 60 pound American Staffordshire Terrier
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 28 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but I wanted to let you know that this isn't likely to cause serious harm. The Clonazepram is a very low dose so we aren't likely to see any signs. We could see interaction with her medication (breathing changes, confusion, depression), but again the dose is low enough that that isn't likely and we'd expect it to settle within 24 hours. So, we'd just want to monitor Dani here.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you. Thank you!: )