Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

This is ancient history but something I've wondered about

Customer Question

This is ancient history but something I've wondered about over the years and was the suspected disease treatable? My spaniel,say four years old
vigorously ran over our desert land one evening ,found and attacked an obviously sick and barely moving jack rabbitt.
Next morning dog was sickly laying on it's side with four legs stiff
as boards. My Dad, inpatient with sick animals put the dog down but I've always wondered what the dog had and was it curable.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 28 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 28 days ago.

I am sorry to hear about Salty, even after this much time gone by. My condolences.

There is a disease found in desert rabbits (where do you live?) called Tularemia that can be spread from sick rabbits to dogs (and people).

Expert:  Rebecca replied 27 days ago.

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you! What other questions can I answer?