Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 82 year old mother moved in with me 6 months ago. She

Customer Question

My 82 year old mother moved in with me 6 months ago. She owns a sweet (or so I thought) Scottish terrier who is an 11 year old female. I own feisty 5 year old dachshund. Mandy ,the terrier HATES my dog. She growls at him if he comes into the same room and he basically ignores her. Recently she has become aggressive and attacks him. They have had four intense fights now. She injured his eye during the last fight. Any suggestions? HELP
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the veterinarian can help you. Have there been any changes in the dog's appearance or diet?
Customer: my vet has supplied me with various medications to no avail
JA: Is there anything else you think the vet should know?
Customer: The terrior is extremly
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome. This is just a short note to introduce myself or to request needed information for your problem. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today. I am working on your question now.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 5 months ago.

Do you notice if the Terrier is possessive over valued items such as bones, food. toys, space etc?

Is there a way for you to keep them separate?

What have you tried so far?