How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 25650
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Possible ingestion of new motor oil, Right now she is

Customer Question

Possible ingestion of new motor oil
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: Right now she is vomiting and some lack of energy.she is a one and a half year-old 90 pound lab mix
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Possibly in oil and paper towel for my Noyle change this afternoon
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Chili as in a chili dog
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: Seasonal allergies
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner particularly when a toxic ingestion was possible. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Chilie, please?

Please see here: http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/petroleum-distillates/

In general, the heavier distillates such as motor oil are less toxic than lighter distillates.