Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a practicing veterinarian with over 20 years experience in a mixed animal practice.
75966804

Pearl, my 8 week old puppy was given a dose of deworming

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Pearl,
JA: I'm sorry that Dr. Pearl is feeling poorly. What seems to be the problem with Dr. Pearl?
Customer: my 8 week old puppy was given a dose of deworming medicine yesterday for the first time. I accidentally gave him another dose today which was just 1 teaspoon yesterday and one today I know it's only supposed to be once a week, but I accidentally gave it to him today also. Did I overdosed him or will he be OK? Please respond as soon as possible I am very upset with myself and I hope that I have not harm to him in anyway thank you very much Marie.
JA: Where does Dr. Pearl seem to hurt?
Customer: His name is Belmonte. He doesn't seem to be in any kind of distress, I was just wondering if he needs to see a vet?
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: Not yet. He is very energetic. Doesn't seem to have any problems out of the ordinary, but I just gave it to Amy about an hour ago. So far nothing out of the ordinary he.
JA: Is Belmonte eating normally?
Customer: Yes, he goes to his bowl and eats a little bit and drinks, and just has so much energy but I guess that's normal for an eight week old puppy.
JA: OK. No appetite problems. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help Belmonte. Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Belmonte?
Customer: No not out of the ordinary Just the normal chewing and biting. He's a very active puppy but always has been.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Linda replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Linda. I hope I can help with your question today.

Could you please tell me the name of the wormer given to Belmonte?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Liqui-vict 2x happy jack
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you just respond by text
Expert:  Dr Linda replied 7 months ago.

OK, great. This product contains pyrantal pamoate which is very, very safe. You and Belmonte have nothing to worry about. Instead of getting or giving another dose in a week, you might just take a sample of Belmonte's poop to your vet to see if he even needs anymore.

I hope this is the information you needed. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you so very much. Service was excellent and response was so prompt. I give my rsting a 10 out of 10. Thank you again. Marie
Expert:  Dr Linda replied 7 months ago.

You are so welcome. I am just happy to help.

All the best to you & Belmonte!