Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I stepped on my dogs stomach she is about 10 to 12 weeks old

Customer Question

Hey I stepped on my dogs stomach she is about 10 to 12 weeks old she was just sitting for a little bit but she is running around now she was spitting blood it was just a little tho when we got home she ran straight to the bowl of water
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Simon Dimon
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Simon Dimon?
Customer: She seems normal right now but I'm just worried because she was spitting blood it wasn't a lot but I'm still concerned
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Your concern is justified. If blood is being produced, she needs to see a vet. If your regular vet is not open at this hour, she needs to go to the ER. The repercussions of waiting-and-watching a potential internal bleed may be fatal. If you need help finding an ER location in your area, please reply with your city, state and zip code.

Checking in. How is the puppy today?