Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My Shih Tzu at 11 years old has lost 2 bottom teeth now a

Customer Question

My Shih Tzu at 11 years old has lost 2 bottom teeth now a third is shaking and he's going to loose it soon. He eats kibbles and bits, beggin bacon strip and even bones. I take him for frequent walks every morning and he plays a lot. He does not eat anything on the road or what is given to him on the floor only in his bowl. Please help me.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: There is nothing there, but of late he has flees and all the powder Ultra guard and Dr. Goodpet flee drops is not working. His mouth is also smelling and I give him Slurp'n fresh an oral hygiene solution in his water. What more can I do?
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Sir Barkley
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Sir Barkley?
Customer: That's all that I notice, because he eats cesar daily. Nothing else I can recall.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

It sounds like Barkley has profound dental disease. Have you considered having his teeth cleaned and teeth extracted that need to be pulled?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did not take him to the vet, but will do so as soon as possible today.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not interested anymore.

Let me know if I can assist you further.