Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Has mast cell tumors. Third time in a year. He is about 12

Customer Question

Has mast cell tumors. Third time in a year. He is about 12 or 13 and is losing weight.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: no...he's still eating well, does not appear to be in any pain and his bodily fucntions appear to be normal
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 29 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How can I best help you today? Are you concerned about the weight loss?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
the recurring tumors and putting Gus under general anesthesia for the third time in a year.

Unfortunately, mast cell tumors are prone to recurrence and metastasis. Has any staging been performed? Chest or abdominal x-rays? Has chemotherapy been used or discussed?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I feel like I'm getting ripped off here. I was looking for honest and real feedback. you are just trying to rob me

My intention in asking questions about the situation is to get more information.

Has any staging been performed? Chest or abdominal x-rays? Has chemotherapy been used or discussed?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I'm done with this service. I'm at the vet now.

Good luck.