Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

I have two chihuahuas...a sister and brother from the same

Customer Question

hi i have two chihuahuas...a sister and brother from the same litter. they're both about 5-6 months old. if left alone during the work days of monday through friday, will the brother pup make the sister pup pregnant soon?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: i made an appointment for a spay and neuter this saturday, in one week...am i too late already?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. Because of their age yes, the male can impregnate the female if she goes into heat. A female can go into heat from six months on. Each dog is different as to when they start their first heat cycle.