Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Im not sure, Max has a couple Black spots on his tummy and

Customer Question

Im not sure, Max has a couple Black spots on his tummy and he's very sensitive, always has been. He's a Belgian Malinios mix.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: He's almost 5yrs and his name is Max
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Max?
Customer: Hes had a yeast infection before in his ears, but his ears look good. He was in the Lake last week.. just goofing around
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Can you upload a photo(s) of these spots to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

In most cases dark spots are healing epidermal collarettes - a skin lesion that begins as a pustule and then spread out in a roughly circular fashion. The center often hyperpigments while the rim can remain actively inflamed and crusty. Alternatively you may be seeing lentigines - a benign skin change similar to freckles.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Give me a couple minutes... when he knows theres something wrong he cowers... this is his BIGGEST issue. HA!

No worries. I'll watch for your next post.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tried to take a photo, but his hair is so fluffy down there... you cannot see anything. Its not big, and there are only two that I can see. He hates when I am looking around for something.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No need to call. Im just going to call my Vet. Thanks!

I understand. Give customer service a heads-up that you'd like your question removed.