Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I woke up to a torn up sofa :-( i think they may have eaten

Customer Question

I woke up to a torn up sofa :-( i think they may have eaten some of the foam
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Misty is 8 wolf hibred, Takoda is 15 month Simoan, wolf, husky
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Misty?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Oh, no! I am so sorry to hear this.

The best approach for monitoring for foam ingestion is to carry on about your normal routine and provide added fiber to the diet in the way of boiled rice, canned pumpkin, etc. If you notice any vomiting, diarrhea, avoidance of food or water, tummy cramps, etc. this is when you will need to have them examined and treated. Typically after 3-5 days following the ingestion, you're in the clear if no symptoms show.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800