Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Yesterday we noticed that one of my dog's eyes was closed.

Customer Question

Hi, yesterday we noticed that one of my dog's eyes was closed. It was red and looked awful watery with clear discharge. I began putting colliodal silver drops in her eye which seemed to help. Just now I noticed when I went to look at it that a white foam like substance came pouring out when I tried to open it. It scared me. What can this be?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bella, 7 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?
Customer: No. appetite good. She even went out to play with our other dogs, Just to let you know Colloidal Silver is a natural antibiotic (Nana particle silver ppm suspended in distilled water)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Does the eyeball itself have a normal shape?

Any clouding or hazing to the eye ball?

Can you take a photo of this as it will let me see what you are seeing? To post online, you can use the paperclip icon above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.