Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 4 pound Yorkie ate a multivitamin my brother dropped.

Customer Question

JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Hildie, she's 6 and a half.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Hildie?
Customer: Nothing important, no.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How many hours ago did she have this?

What was in the multivitamin? What dose of Vitamin D, zinc or iron?

How is she just now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi there, she ate it about an hour ago, it was an adult vitamin D gummy. She seems alright for now, but I wanted to make sure.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The bottle says it contains Vitamin A, B, C, D and E as well as Niacin, Folic acid, Vitamin B-12, and Lutein.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you,

In that case, what is the IU of the Vitamin D?

Any xylitol in the gummy?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The IU is 400 and there is no xylitol.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Great!

I am glad to hear that dangerous sugar isn't present and that this was a low dose Vitamin D gummy. In this case, we would expect no harm for Hildie. If anything, we may see a bit of stomach upset. So, just keep an eye and consider offering a light diet option if she has any upset. Examples of an easily digestible diet include cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish, scrambled egg, or meat baby food (as long as its free from garlic or onion powder). Ideally, we want to offer this as small frequent meals to keep the stomach settled.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your time!
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

You are very welcome, my dear.

Have a lovely weekend,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you. Thank you!: )