Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I think my Pom ate my caffeine pill, Junior is the name, A

Customer Question

I think my Pom ate my caffeine pill
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Junior is the name
JA: How old is Junior?
Customer: A little over a year
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Junior?
Customer: No I'm just concerned he might have ate my pill
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello?

How long ago did this happen?

Caffeine can cause death in small pets. If this happened less 30 minutes ago, you may be able to induce vomiting without any repercussions. However, due to the inherent risk to small breed dogs having ingested caffeine I would recommend that you to go your local ER, have vomiting induced and treatment started.

If you elect for home treatment, you can follow the instructions here with a FRESH bottle of hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. Monitor closely for abnormal behavior, if you see any changes head straight to the ER or your vet's office depending on the time.

http://www.sunrisepetclinicaz.com/vomiting.html

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800