Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 13lb - 2 yr old ShihTzu is in dire need of help for

Customer Question

My 13lb - 2 yr old ShihTzu is in dire need of help for constant licking and some scratching. I recently had her groomed VERY short for the hot summer. Wished I hadn't. Her feet looked like dust mops and now they are bare of hair and nails, that could not be seen before, are very obvious. I just found a bottle of Skin-EEez which I had for my Yorkie. I tried to sneak them into him via peanut butter and soft food, but it didn't work. On the weekend, vets just are not available. The area under his front legs actually is reddish-brown. Is that bruising? I feel so sorry for him . Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you please share pictures of the concerning areas including the red-brown area of concern?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have decided to wait unti Mon. and see my vet. Please delete my personal info ASAP. Thanks for your time. Please let me know when my personal info is deleted. This is a firm decision.

Customer service has been contacted. Good luck!