Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.
The good news here is that although coffee, chocolate and sugar can all be dangerous to dogs, you generally see signs of a problem (such as panting, anorexia, vomiting or seizures) within an hour or so after ingesting it. Since Pucci drank it at least 3 hours ago, I'm not worried about the toxicity of the ingestion.
The hyperactivity should wear off in the next hour or so, and you can help speed that along by offering her a meal of bland food....boiled white rice and/boiled hamburger or chicken or even some plain white bread can hell give her some carbohydrates that will help trigger her urge to nap, which will help with the hyperactivity.
And of course, it goes without saying that if you see any of the signs I mentioned, then you should have her seen by an emergency vet in your area, but I don't expect there to be a problem.
I hope this helps.