Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

His wiener won't just go away, He is 7 years living with 16

Customer Question

His wiener won't just go away
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: He is 7 years living with 16 year old male dog & im totally sick of his gross wiener sticking out. It won't go back in.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Paco
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Paco?
Customer: He is a healthy little dog. & it bothers him & he can't pee sometimes because it looks like a red hot cherry
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Can you send a clear picture of what you're seeing?
2) Is Paco neutered?
3) What breed is he?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Paco's is neutered. He is 1:2 chihuahua & 1/2? No pic now. Are there any pills or spray?

I'll need to see a picture first, but there is a possibility of at least developing a solution so you don't have to see it. There is also a possibility of this being medically-related. Has this always been a concern with him?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No it's been very recent last two months

This increases the chance of it being medically related, then. Is he licking more than usual?

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like tinypic.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I though this was too good to be true:(. I'll just go to a vet here

We can still continue discussing your concern, JACustomer. Unfortunately, because I cannot see what you are seeing pictures go a long way to being able to determine how to best advise you.