Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My 3 year old 10 lb Shih Tzu vomited her stomach content at

Customer Question

My 3 year old 10 lb Shih Tzu vomited her stomach content at 7 pm and has since vomited 3 more times - first yellow foamy bike now white foamy bike. She began drooling profusely after she began vomiting. I removed all food and water......
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for usiing this site to help you. I am sorry Stella is not feeling well.

Can you tell me please, could she have gotten into garbage?

Does she eat any rawhides, greenies, or other non food items?

Does she eat any fatty human food?

What color are her gums?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is never out alone - she eats Blue Chicken and Rice, Blue training treats and piece of cheese (size of quarter or smaller).....her gums are pink, but the drool is crazy and she has been rubbing her face on the rug
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for that information. Drooling can come when a dog feels nauseous, however the fact that she is rubbing her face on the rug and drooling that much I would suggest you do a finger sweep of the mouth and check it with a flashlight to be sure there is nothing stuck in the teeth and no ulcers or sores in the mouth.

If this is just stomach upset then withholding food for 24 hours then starting a bland diet of boiled chicken and cooked white rice can help.

You can offer her ice cubes or small bits of water to keep her hydrated.

Her gum color is good and if you have a thermometer I would keep an eye on temperature rectally. Normal for dogs is 100.5 and 102.5

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 month ago.
Hi Janet,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Stella. How is everything going?

Sally G.