How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gary Your Own Question
Dr. Gary
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 2952
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Gary is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog was diagnosed as having fluid on his lungs yesterday.

Customer Question

My dog was diagnosed as having fluid on his lungs yesterday. He is a 16 month old OES who was scheduled for neutering. He went into distress and the procedure was aborted. He is now at Animal Specialty Hospital. He was seen by a cardiologist last night. Surgery is not recommended. They mentioned Lasix. Case open. Waiting to hear back after 9 am on his survival/treatment. I don't want my beloved dog to suffer. He is all hooked up to breathing machines/oxygen.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Toby
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Toby?
Customer: No, my primary doctor is in contact with them too. Also, my son who is a surgical vet in Northern California.. He was born with an umbilical hernia that was to be repaired yesterday. All seemed normal. I had a clean bill of health from breeder and Toby was fine and is such a loving animal.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

1) Did the cardiologist make any diagnosis?
2) Is Toby sedated at this time or in an O2 chamber?
3) Have improvements in his breathing been made?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still waiting for vet to call back this morning. He is sedated at this time and survived last night. I just don't want him to suffer. Decisions will be made later today I guess.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am sorry. I just can't talk right now. I am in too much distress. I will wait and pray. Goodbye
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.


Customer: replied 1 month ago.