Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog was diagnosed as having fluid on his lungs yesterday.

Customer Question

My dog was diagnosed as having fluid on his lungs yesterday. He is a 16 month old OES who was scheduled for neutering. He went into distress and the procedure was aborted. He is now at Animal Specialty Hospital. He was seen by a cardiologist last night. Surgery is not recommended. They mentioned Lasix. Case open. Waiting to hear back after 9 am on his survival/treatment. I don't want my beloved dog to suffer. He is all hooked up to breathing machines/oxygen.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Toby
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Toby?
Customer: No, my primary doctor is in contact with them too. Also, my son who is a surgical vet in Northern California.. He was born with an umbilical hernia that was to be repaired yesterday. All seemed normal. I had a clean bill of health from breeder and Toby was fine and is such a loving animal.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Did the cardiologist make any diagnosis?
2) Is Toby sedated at this time or in an O2 chamber?
3) Have improvements in his breathing been made?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still waiting for vet to call back this morning. He is sedated at this time and survived last night. I just don't want him to suffer. Decisions will be made later today I guess.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am sorry. I just can't talk right now. I am in too much distress. I will wait and pray. Goodbye

.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no