Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He is licking his feet continuously. He's a Westie. I have

Customer Question

He is licking his feet continuously. He's a Westie. I have GentaVed topical spray that a vet gave me 6months ago for the same thing. Should I use it on his paws?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Rollins
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rollins?
Customer: He's 3 years old
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

It sounds like he may be battling allergies, is he on any medication at this time?

The gentaved may help to reduce the itchy sensation and, yes, may help him. You can certainly try using this but we want to try to keep him from licking it, as well. Do you have an e-collar at home that you can use for him once this has been sprayed on his feet?