Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

We have a French bulldog, she is 11 months old, she has

Customer Question

We have a French bulldog , she is 11 months old , she has always had some form of bleeding and weight loss, she nearly died one day and after some pop samples we were told she had compile bacta also protozoic infection, she seems to get better after antibiotics but blood returned , treated her again with antibiotics , also, changed diet for delicate stomach with probiotics , now we have been told she has salmonella but asymptomatic, reluctant to use antibiotics again, now she is starting to loose weight , drink a lot of water and healthy appetite but bleeding more than the first time when she was younger , she is very happy within herself , completely different to the first time , but it is endless and worried she has something more severe or is it just the breed ?we have tried all kinds of food 6 weeeks at a time , eventually have her on food that stops her stools being runny , please help
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the French bulldog?
Customer: Well I tried to tell you everything
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I need you to clarify a few things for me...

From where has she bled?

What are compile bacta and which protozoan was seen in the poop samples - Giardia? Was she treated with either metronidazole or fenbendazole for the Giardia?

She's now drinking more but losing weight and bleeding again - from where? Bleeding is alway abnormal; it's not a characteristic of any breed. Have blood and urine tests been performed? If so can you upload a copy of the test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but her vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me the file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon (if you can see that icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com/