Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

He ripped one nail and is bleeding heavely, not right now

Customer Question

he ripped one nail and is bleeding heavely
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: not right now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I am so sorry for this injury, but we can help.

Please take some corn starch or flour and pack it on the end of the broken nail where bleeding. Hold something over the nail to keep the flour or cornstarch on it and do not pull the cover away. This will help stop the bleeding. It may have to be repeated. You can also use an Ice cube to slow it down and then pack with the flour or cornstarch or you cna use a stypic Pencil like men use for shaving. all of this will slow the bleeding. The Four and cornstarch packed in the nail work best.

Joan