Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He has so many warts and they seem to be spreading. I have

Customer Question

Hi, he has so many warts and they seem to be spreading. I have had a couple removed by the vet that keep bleeding but he must have 10-15 of them I bought a human wart remover today and I was wondering if it was safe
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: he is 12, bichon and has lots of lumps above and under his skin he has allergies to food, environmental and dust mites
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have successfully removed a couple myself but it took a year of putting oil on them every day. I just want to make him comfortable because he is always scratching the poor guy.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I understand how frustrating this must be for you. Unfortunately, the human wart removers can't successfully address any growths on dogs. I suspect that you're seeing sebaceous gland tumors - nodular sebaceous hyperplasia, sebaceous epitheliomas, and sebaceous adenomas - rather than true warts. These are all benign and usually solitary, firm, elevated, wartlike or cauliflower-like growths. Can you upload a photo(s) of representative "warts" to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.