Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

Or 28 pound Labrador retriever Ate my sons 10 mg extended

Customer Question

Or 28 pound Labrador retriever Ate my sons 10 mg extended release ate my sons 10 mg extended release Metadate
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Lexi and 3.5 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lexi?
Customer: No. The pill fell on the floor and the dog was right there and we couldn't find it. We gave her peroxide and she has thrown up twice already to the point where she is just throwing up yellow bile
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Expert:  Lisa replied 1 month ago.

How long was it between when Lexi ate the pill and when you got her to vomit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
10 minutes
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Maybe 20 tops
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 month ago.

Awesome.

Since you gave it so quickly and were able to get her to vomit twice, I'm not really worried in the least.

You did the absolute best thing in the situation by getting her to vomit.

I would just keep an eye on her for things like lethargy, vomiting that doesn't stop, anorexia, or any other unusual behaviors, then you should have her seen by an emergency vet in your area, but I don't expect it to be a problem.

I hope this helps.

Expert:  Lisa replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Lisa