Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She is a 13 year old Corgi. She has a wheezing cough. I've

Customer Question

She is a 13 year old Corgi. She has a wheezing cough. I've taken her to the vet 3 times in the past couple months. There is nothing in her lungs. She is having great trouble eating. She stopped eating dry food a couple months ago. Thought it was her teeth, which are bad. She drools quite a bit. I have her on good quality canned wet food now. But she still is having a lot of trouble and has lost a lot of weight. Recently when she tries to eat the wet food, it is clear she wants to eat. But she bites at it and then has a lot of trouble swallowing it. She will spit it back out and then try again. As she trying to eat, she opens and closes her mouth repeatedly, like she's trying to chew and swallow, but is having trouble. I'm not sure what to do!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Foxy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Foxy?
Customer: She has some sneezing sometimes in the fall, so she has some allergies, but it's never been a major issue. I have always exercised her daily, so she's been in good shape otherwise. She had green gunk coming out of her eyes for several weeks. Tried antibiotics and it got better. But then she stopped eating ( I was putting the pills in her wet food), as if she really didn't like the meds. The eyes got much better over time and she hasn't been on meds in over 6 weeks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Expert:  Lisa replied 1 month ago.

Does it look anything like either one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WThsZp6ymvo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdnGNClqdX0