Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog is a year old and he ate a sponge with tub cleaner on

Customer Question

Good morning my dog is a year old and he ate a sponge with tub cleaner on it and he threw up twice but now he wont eat or drink anything not even ice. He has diarrhea but it's not much and it is discolored a little. He is fine when he goes outside but when he comes in he just lays around and isn't acti g like himself.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: No he is healthy otherwise he is breathing fine and everything else seems okay
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) What type of sponge was this?
2) What type of tub cleaner?
3) When was it eaten?
4) Any blood in the vomit or stool?