Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog was just hit by a car. She seems fine and is moving

Customer Question

My dog was just hit by a car. She seems fine and is moving fine. She has an abrasion on her chin.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?
Customer: She got hit by a car. Doesn't seem to have an obvious broken bones but has an abrasion on her chin
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: She doesn't act like she hurts anywhere
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Maia.. she's a year and a half
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Maia?
Customer: Nothe that I'm aware of. She's current on all her vaccines
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Is she moving comfortably?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count your dog’s breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Moving comfortably. Gums are pink. Breathing rate about 35
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you,
I am glad to hear that those are all normal and the breathing rate isn't significantly raised here. In that case, it sounds like she has been very lucky and not had a significant hit. Of course, we need to monitor her over the next 48 hours since brusing and soreness can be delayed by the adrenaline her body will have released during the accident. But of we don't see that and her gums remain pink, we'd just keep an eye on her but again would not be worried of serious harm from this.Please take care,
Dr. B
------------------------------------
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Afterwards, please make sure to rate my help ( using the stars or typing a rating) as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you. :)