Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 8 year old mastiff got sick last week and was

Customer Question

my 8 year old mastiff got sick last week and was hospitialized, he's been on a chicken and rice died for 7 days now but he's not pooping much, is that normal
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: bob
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about bob?
Customer: he was on certain, that stopped 2 days ago. he is now on sucralfate, omeprazole, and metronidazole
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

In regards ***** ***** question, this isn't abnormal since these light diets are so easily digestible and without filler that often they don't have much to pass. So, we'd not be alarmed to not see much stool. That said, if you were to see Bob straining to pass stool or if he had a tender belly, then you can just add canned or boiled pumpkin +/- OTC cat hairball treatment to his food to maintain regularity and keep him passing stool. But otherwise, seeing less stool on this kind of diet is very normal and not a worry on its own.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you. Thank you!: )