Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog ate some flatbread, 9 years old, He ate some of the

Customer Question

My dog ate some flatbread
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sam 9 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sam?
Customer: He ate some of the packaging as well about 2 sq inches. Sam is 14 lb poodle mix
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Was the flatbread raw?
2) Did it have any herbs or spices?
3) How long ago was it consumed?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Could eat it as was as a wrap, but cook 2 min to use as pizza. No herbs or spices. About 3 hours ago we think

The bread itself should not be a concern and the packaging should go through if it is pliable. You may see some vomiting or diarrhea over the next few days. If this is persistent or you see avoidance of food/water, he needs to see a vet. Otherwise, I would keep an eye on him. If diarrhea begins, you can give him boiled chicken and rice for a few days to help calm the stomach. You may see no symptoms at all but should monitor closely just in case. If symptoms do arise in the next few days and you need more help, feel free to message me back on this thread and I'll help you further.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JA Customer. How is Sam feeling today?