Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist
2361900

Wen we got home from work yesterday we noticed that his

Customer Question

wen we got home from work yesterday we noticed that his lower eyelids are both droopy. when he first blinks they look normal but then start to droop
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: his eyes are droopy. this started yesterday. we went to the vet last Tuesday for his regular check up and everything was find.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rebel and he is an 8 year old rott
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rebel?
Customer: nothing he has been fine and the vet visit he just had went great
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 month ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. I have been breeding rottweilers for over 20 years It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

This might be ectropion but usually that is diagnosed at a young age, but can be aquired due to injury or even some medicatl conditions. Read more on this here:

http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/pet-health-information/article/animal-health/eyelid-ectropion-in-dogs/1008

Since a thyroid issue can lead to this, you will want to be sure that is checked for. In addition, in some cases of Myasthenia Gravis the first symptom noticed was droopy eyelids. You might want to read more on this here:

http://caninemegaesophagusinfo.com/myasthenia-gravis/

He may have just had a great vet visit but injury can cause this condition and if your vet wasn't looking for these conditions and there were no symptoms yet, he might not have noticed.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer positively so I am compensated for my time.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Just a quick note to see how things are going. Did you find my answer helpful?