Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

How much Zyrtec can I give my 25 lb Tibetan terrier? She has

Customer Question

How much Zyrtec can I give my 25 lb Tibetan terrier?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the Tibetan terrier?
Customer: She has allergies and is constantly biting her paws and such I know our vet said before she could take this but I forget the dosage
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the Tibetan terrier's name and age?
Customer: Lucy and 3 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lucy?
Customer: She's albino that's about it
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

In regards ***** ***** question, the dose for a dog Lucy's size would be 11mg every 12-24 hours. Of course, if this isn't strong enough for her, then we'd want her vet to use an immune modulating treatment (ie Atopica, Apoquel, or steroids) to counter this for her. But hopefully the antihistamines will do the trick and keep her comfortable.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me afterwards by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button/stars at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )