Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My yorkie vomits has been vomiting when he eats and or

Customer Question

My yorkie vomits has been vomiting when he eats and or drinks water.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: This has been going off and on for about a month now. He gets better and then starts up again Usually lasts one day or so.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: No he has only been eating the dog food the vet recommended. I took him to his vet and she said everything was fine.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: When this started I took him to the vet and she changed the food he was taking. He got better but now he started again
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) How old is your companion?
2) Any history of illness or injury?
3) When was blood work last performed? Were his pancreatic enzymes checked?
4) Any human food at all? Any treats?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok

1) How old is your companion?
2) Any history of illness or injury?
4) Any human food at all? Any treats?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He is one year old.
No history of any illness.
He had a full blood work done 3 weeks ago. All came back normal don't know if they did a pancreatic enzyme check.
We thought all May had started when my husbands daughter gave him some meat aprox a month ago. But I took him to vet and they changed his food and he started to do better.

Do you have a copy of the blood work available?

Did they send a fecal culture to the lab yet to see if there is a bacterial overgrowth?

What treatment, aside from the change in his food, was elected?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Don't have the copy with me of the results and yes they did a fecal culture but don't know if it was for bacteria overgrowth.
And no other treatment.

If you can get results from your vet tomorrow for the blood work and the fecal culture, I will be better able to help you. The more information I have the more detailed I can be with my assistance. There is no time limit on our chat, so you can take as much time as is needed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I will get the blood work results and the fecal culture tomorrow from my vet and I will come back and send them to you.
Thank you very much for your time.

Certainly. I'll keep an eye out for the results to come through. There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like tinypic.com and youtube.com to upload pictures.