Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My cairn terrior won't put weight on her left hind leg.

Customer Question

My cairn terrior won't put weight on her left hind leg. X-rays taken and nothing appears. No sign of discomfort when leg is examined nor foot is checked. Any ideas?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes, completely checked. Nothing.
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cairn terrier's name and age?
Customer: Her name is Jumper (because she's always doing that) and she just turned 5.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jumper?
Customer: Nothing I notice. Very sweet, has routine, eats and drinks well. Loves dog treat (1) daily... Tail always wagging. Always alert.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hello, again, my name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Was she sedated when they took the x-rays? If so, did your vet do an orthopedic examination while sedated?