Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My dog is a 15 year old shi poo...never had any medical

Customer Question

hi. my dog is a 15 year old shi poo...never had any medical issues. lately his eye site and hearing is going and he has peed in the house a couple of times (once when my husband was putting him) which is very very strange. if he has a disease or illness that is one thing that may warrant putting him down but if it just old age I have an issue with what to do with the dog....I have 3 year old twins and carpet throughout the house. Is there actually anything that can be done for incontinence due to old age?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?
Customer: manga
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about manga?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. It may be due to an infection or stones so I would want that checked first through a urine sample. Either would make the dog lose control. If it is incontinence there is medication for that, but if he is intact you want to get the prostrate looked at as well.

Here is more information on incontinence causes and treatments for dogs

http://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/diseases-conditions-of-dogs/symptoms/urinary-incontinence-in-dogs

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Sally G.