Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

I have a puppy boxer whose 4 months and she was vibrant and

Customer Question

I have a puppy boxer whose 4 months and she was vibrant and around 7pm she fell asleep and was in a strange deep sleep nothing woke her. When she got up I noticed she looked drugged up, her reflexes and can't walk unless she stumbles. Went to the Vet and they said she was 95 degrees and we are now home and we are keeping her warm. Not sure what to do? Help ūüėĘ
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the puppy. What is the puppy's name?
Customer: Love
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Love?
Customer: No
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. It sounds like your dog had mild hypothermia and this happens when the body cannot regulate the temperature properly. Young dogs and senior dogs generally can have problems regulating their body temperature so precaution should be taken as to where they are kept as well as the amount of exercise they get so they do not lose heat from the body.

Dogs with a thyroid problem or low blood sugar also cannot regulate their body temperature well.

I am going to direct you to a site that goes over this for better understanding.

http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/cardiovascular/c_multi_hypothermia