Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

My 1 yr old french bulldog was diagnosed with idiopathic

Customer Question

my 1 yr old french bulldog was diagnosed with idiopathic vestibular neuropathy in may, and it got almost 85% better but now he is tilting is head to the opposite side than the 1st occurrence. I had him checked for an ear infection and two vets said there was no sign of an ear infection. I am supposed to fly wth him on a plane tomorrow, is this ok to do? will it cause it to get worse or be painful/ uncomfortable?
JA: What confuses you? I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the bulldog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the bulldog's name?
Customer: leo
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about leo?
Customer: ummm he also had to have eye surgery due to a melting ulcer, which was due to "alligator rolling" when he was having his 1st vestibular occurane in may. the surgery was a week or so after that
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

In regards ***** ***** question, it is fine for him to fly as this shouldn't affect his condition. Though we may need to deeply bed his dog crate to prevent any injuries if he were to loose his balance during travel. Otherwise, I see that you noted that his vets checked for ear infections, but inner ear infections (which can only be checked by xray, but inner ear polyps and masses can be checked at the same time) would be another concern here. So, if a inner ear infection hasn't been checked for, then that would be something to consider ruling out for Leo. But again we'd not expect the the flight to have any lasting effect on his idiopathic vestibular neuropathy.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate me afterwards by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.