Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

His armpits are red and his groin area is all red. He keeps

Customer Question

His armpits are red and his groin area is all red. He keeps licking these areas and I've been spraying hot spot spray on him for a couple weeks now. It's not getting any better and now his butt is red looking and there's a large mass the size and shape of a pinky sticking out under his tail and above his butt at the 12:00 position
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Raylen, he's about 11 years old and weighs 75lbs. He's still eating and I changed his food after I first saw the redness
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Raylen?
Customer: He's a catahoula sheep dog mix of some sort and has not had any similar issues before. I can send pictures if possible
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 9 days ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. If you have some pictures, especially of the mass under the tail, that would very helpful if you can post them or attach them to your next message.