Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian
49838867

He ate golden malrin fly bate now he breathing heavily and

He ate golden malrin fly bate now he breathing heavily and hacking
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: OJ hes 5 months
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: OJ
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about OJ?
Customer: No

Hello, I'm Dr. Kara. I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Im not with im trying to help my wife who is with him

I am sorry to hear that your fellow ingested Golden Malrin Fly bait.

This contains the toxin Methomyl which is a carbamate insecticide. It works by inhibiting cholinesterase, an essential enzyme for proper functioning of the nervous system.

It is highly toxic when ingested and leads to symptoms of drooling, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle tremors, and a slow heart rate. If there is severe poisoning the pup can have symptoms of twitching, confusion, muscle incoordination, low blood pressure, heart irregularities, and loss of reflexes may also be experienced. Death can result from paralysis of muscles of the respiratory system, or intense constriction of the bronchioles or loss of the stimulus to breathe.

Since he is already symptomatic it is much too late to induce vomiting, the toxin is absorbed. Your wife needs to get him to an emergency immediately, this can be life threatening.

There is nothing she can do for him at home.

If she does not know of an emergency clinic near you here is a link to help her find one:

http://www.vetlocator.com/index.php

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Kara