Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

My dog chewed up a mr clean magic eraser. I don't think he

My dog chewed up a mr clean magic eraser. I don't think he invested any of it Ingested *
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: James and he is 2
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about James?
Customer: He's about 24 lbs

Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

How long ago did he eat it?

Do you have any peroxide in the house?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you Lisa! I think I do have some
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
But he didn't actually eat it - he just shredded it. I'm worried that some of the chemicals in the pad may have gotten into his system. He did this probably about 1-2 hours ago

Okay....thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

The good news is that there's no worry about chemical toxicity here.

Magic erasers don't actually contain any chemical...the reason they clean so well is that the pads are made of super tiny, really abrasive material which essentially just scrapes off anything you're trying to clean.

The biggest concern we have with this kind of ingestion is actually the possiblity of obstruction, but if James didn't actually eat any of it, then we don't need to worry about that.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
It was a magic eraser with foaming bath scrubber

After checking the ingredients, I'm still not seeing a problem here. The scrubber contains just a soap, which isn't really toxic. It can cause some digestive upset such as vomiting or diarrhea, but I doubt that you'll see that.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Okay thank you so much! I appreciate it!!!

You're very welcome!!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?