Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

Sammy has had loose stool for like 4 days with one episode

Customer Question

Sammy has had loose stool for like 4 days with one episode of diarrhea. Hes had this before ans was given metronidazole so i was looking up dosage for 12 lb yorkie
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: I told you.. Sammy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sammy?
Customer: no
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. I am sorry Sammy is not feeling well. If he is still eating and drinking normally, it might be helpful to put him on a bland diet for a couple of days to help with intestinal inflammation.

Here is information on dosing of metronidazole you have asked for.

http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/prescription/metronidazole-flagyl

Expert:  Sally G. replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Sally G.