Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

She just ate a tube of mometasone furoate cream, abby and

Customer Question

she just ate a tube of mometasone furoate cream
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: abby and she is 6 months old a black lab
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about abby?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 month ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok waiting for your answer

Just typing out your answer now ...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No call just waiting for your answer

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Good news, a one time ingestion in a dog this size is not likely to cause any toxic effects { Assuming she did not actually eat the tube as well }

2. There are no special measure you need take in this sort of situation, just make sure she has access to water at all times as she may be a bit more thirsty and some dogs may have a brief minor transient bout of vomiting and/ or diarrhoea but that's about it.

3. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No call just waiting for your answe

No problem with the phone call, I am sure we can handle this just by chatting, your dog is in no danger because we routinely give dog's steroids orally in tablet form at much higher concentrations than will be in your tube of cream.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the steroid cream ingestion ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.