Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

He has a collar rash around his neck, Thanks. His name is

He has a collar rash around his neck
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Thanks. His name is ***** ***** he is 11
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Money?
Customer: He is an outdoor pet

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks

Hello again

Sorry to hear Money is uncomfortable, however I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. The first thing to do is to remove the dog's collar until the rash heals, perhaps consider using a harness. Then you can often handle this sort of skin condition on a home remedy basis by clipping the hair from the affected area, washing it gently in warm salt water, dabbing it dry and then applying the likes of Neosporin. Try this twice a day for a week.

2. Of course some dogs may need prescription drugs such as antibiotics from your vet if the above method is not successful. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his collar rash ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He is doing better. Thank you for your help

So glad he is improving ...

Regards,

Dr Scott