PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My friends wermriner has back swollen and shakes and hot

Hi my friends wermriner has back tits swollen and shakes and hot feeling JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age? Customer: Abbie and about 4-5 had puppies few years ago and not fixed yet JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Abbie? Customer: Don't think so this morning she is resting no fever and swelling down

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) How old is Abbie?
2) When was her last heat cycle?
3) What is her rectal temperature?
4) Any oozing from these mammaries? What color, if so? Nipple or elsewhere?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.

still swollen he says.lethargic no temp passable heat was a month ago partial one.

short. Before that was regular about 6 months before. Nothing from nipples thanks I updated email address

How old is Abbie?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.

4-5 years old

Customer: replied 17 days ago.

Hi did you send request? We have nothing yet thanks

having trouble getting your answer

The most prudent approach for her situation would be an examination. Mastitis, although more common in nursing mothers, is a risk as well as tumors within the mammary chain on each side. Her risk for this is elevated because she is an intact female and she is also middle aged for a weim.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page:

Checking in, JA Customer. How is your companion?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks it went away all the symptoms. Back to happy self.
Next is to get her spayed.

Glad to hear it. Good luck!