Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She's a pure bread beagle and I am not sure anything is

Customer Question

She's a pure bread beagle and I am not sure anything is wrong. I just have recently noticed over last couple weeks she has a bit of a raspy sound in her breath when she sleeps. And often takes a deep inhale and a quick exhale. I can't remember if she has always been like this or if it is new.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the beagle. What is the beagle's name?
Customer: Lua
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lua?
Customer: That
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Has she had any coughing, sneezing, or slowing on exercise when awake?

Has she been breathing quicker when asleep (>30 breaths per minute)?

Have her gums been paler when sleeping?