Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Two of my dogs seem to be lethargic and sort of jolt and

Customer Question

Two of my dogs seem to be lethargic and sort of jolt and unable to walk straight. One of my dogs is a large lab mix the other a terrier only about 10 lbs. My other dogs are fine. they just started these symptoms.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your terrier. What is the terrier's name and age?
Customer: Jingle and he is almost 2. I searched the yard and didn't see anything suspicious and the house. Bear the lab is a female and about 1 year old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jingle?
Customer: Both of the dogs eyes are pinkish and puffy and droopy and his breathing seems slower . the jolting is like muscle spasms
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

When two dogs behave in that manner, both are likely to have been intoxicated by a prescription or recreational drug, insecticide, rodenticide, or other chemical. Can you think of anything of that nature they could have gotten into?